|A child being administered a polio vaccine at Basantapur
Nepal yesterday administered a nationwide polio immunization campaign. Many polio vaccine centers were setup for easy access of polio drops to the general public.
There are a few basic things that everyone should know about polio:
- Polio is a highly infectious viral disease through Poliomyelitis (polio).
- Polio mainly affects children under five years of age.
- Poliovirus is mainly passed through person-to-person contact.
- There is no cure for polio, it can only be prevented through immunization.
- Until and unless polio is eradicated, the polio drop has to be given.
Read the rest of this entry »